Wednesday, October 26, 2005

You can have a chair, but not good chair.

I have no idea what that was about, but I remember it being said.

Everyone else has already chimed in on this, but for the loyal thousands that read this thing (so, Rory, who I suspect knows about it):

If you value your life, you're going to wait outside the theater for the opening of Snakes On A Plane. This requires no further explanation. There are snakes, and they're on a plane, and it's got Samuel L. Jackson (who made them change the name back to Snakes on a Plane after they threatened to make it "Flight 121", complaining that "The only reason I did it was because of the title") and Kenan Thompson. And the only reason people will see it is because of the horrendous title, but that's ok. That's what happened with things like "The Day After Tomorrow" or whatever that was. Personally, I'm fine with just imagining snakes on a plane, with Samuel L. Jackson on a plane, giving the snake the "Say What Again" thing from Pulp Fiction, on a plane.

One of the newer ones at Rum and Monkey made at least two people in two different time zones not sleep, by bringing up the subject of zombies. I'll probably have some huge zombie post at some point around Friday.

Incidentally, this Halloween, I'm "Bach's Arco, Pitcairn". Because I'm going to try to get more and more obscure the older I get. Though, for that to count, I have to face once again that maybe 60% of the people at last year's Delt Halloween Party didn't know who Hunter Thompson was.

I've sent in my rent check, and all is right with the world.

Except that the third game of the world series is still freaking on. Currently, White Sox lead 7-5 going into the bottom of the 14th, with Buehrle coming out to pitch. That's right. They ran out of pitching.

UPDATE: Marte stays out there, strikes out Ensberg, walks Palmeiro, gets Lane to pop out and Palmeiro advances on defensive indifference, followed by a fielding error allowing Ausmus to get to first. Buehrle comes in and induces a pop-out to Uribe with his beard. Game over, White Sox 7, Astros 5. White Sox up in the series 3-0, with Game 4 tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I want to see "The Libertine"