Friday, May 26, 2006

Moment of Silence

I keep regretting checking Wikipedia's "Recent Deaths", mostly because I'll stop in to see what minor author from Bulgaria has passed on, or to check on the status of someone that's notable and whose sickness is so widely broadcast that I feel some kind of duty. And it's quick. Just that one little link, and there you go.

Then, sometimes, I look and I'm actually taken aback by one of the deaths, because either I earnestly believed tha the person in question had died by now, or because it's someone that has actually had quite a bit of influence over the things I listen to, and their passing does more to accentuate what feels like an era coming to an end. It happened last year with Laurel Aitken and yesterday with Desmond Dekker.

That's not good.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Laurel Aitkin, wasn't he the guy that came up with that no-carb meat diet? How sad!

Jenna said...

Laurel Aitken, wasn't he the guy that won American Idol a few years back? How sad!

Jenna said...

Laurel Aitken, wasn't he the guy that won american idol a few years back? How sad!