Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Drying a Flask

Fairly interesting discussion here, which Jenna pointed out doesn't really limit itself to the restrictions I was trying to put on it, but rather attacks the concept of will-less morality overall. (See this? I can't think of anything to put here, so I'm linking to where I think I'm interesting elsewhere. I really need to learn to do this better. Not that anyone reads it. Yet.)

I also should learn to dry glassware beforehand, so that I don't have this downtime between when I can do things in lab. Comp's coming up really quickly and I need to have something to show for it. Right now, I'm just trying to get my starting material isolated and free of oil so that I might have some kind of shot at getting a pure product. I've completed four years at a respectible university only to be utterly defeated by stopcock grease.

No comments: